Rhiba Recipe: Fettuccine with a Rhibafarms twist!
Simply delicious! The blue oyster mushrooms from Rhibafarms make this simple recipe, absolutely tantalizing. What a great recipe for spring. If you haven’t stopped by one of our farmers markets to pick up our mushrooms yet, you are definitely missing out!!!
Fettuccine with Rhibafarms Oyster Mushrooms and Arugula
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 12 cloves garlic
• 8 ounces Rhibafarms blue oyster mushrooms, trimmed
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 pound fettuccine
• 1 bunch Rhibafarms arugula, stemmed, washed, spun dry, and chopped
• 1/4 cup freshly grated pecorino
• A nice loaf of bread
Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot, and add 2 tablespoons sea salt.
Next, in a 10 to 12-inch sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until almost smoking. Add the garlic and sauté until lightly browned, maybe 6 to 7 minutes. Add the blue oyster mushrooms and butter, and bring to a boil. Boil until sauce is slightly reduced. Season it with sea salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
Place the pasta into the boiling water and cook until tender, and then drain.
Add the pasta to the mushroom sauce and stir gently over medium heat for 1 minute to coat the noodles. Add the arugula and toss for 30 seconds, just until wilted. Move the pasta to serving dish, sprinkle with cheese, and serve immediately.
* There are other variations to this recipe. Creamy alfredo sauce added to a serving instantly makes a more kid friendly dish!
If you try this recipe, let us know what you think! If you have have a recipe featuring one of our delicious products, let us know and we may feature it in the next Rhiba Recipe!!